Highlights and tour details
Departing from Alpe Longimala (1411 m), take path no. 210 in a south-westerly direction and go up the mountainside between pastures and larch woods to Alpe Vallone (1798 m). Here the path turns to the west making a semicircle and returns southward to Alpe Vallonetto (2004 m) over open terrain and pastures. With a few changes of direction, you climb the slope towards Colle (2217 m) and the group of lakes among which you skirt Lake Viana (2201 m).
The descent on path no. 129 first leads near Passo Veilet (2108 m) and then continues on path no. 130 through the wide pasture valley of Rio della Viana surrounded by beautiful natural landscape. The descent ends when you meet the rural and then asphalt road that leads to the hamlet of Tornetti di Viù (1151 m), where there is a holiday farm. This is the end of the extensive 3-stage variant undertaken from Colle della Cialmetta.
- Trek: Calcante (TC) (99,50 km)
- Trek Calcante: Stage 1 Lanzo T.se Ponte del Diavolo - Traves (14,00 km)
- Trek Calcante: Stage 2B Cappella della Consolata - Alpe Longimala (7,60 km)
- Trek Calcante: Stage 2C Alpe Longimala - Frazione Tornetti (18,60 km)
- Trek Calcante: Stage 2 Traves - Frazione Tornetti (18,40 km)
- Trek Calcante: Stage 2A Colle Cialmetta (Bivouac) - Chapel of the Consolata (12,70 km)
- Trek Calcante: Stage 3 Frazione Tornetti - Frazione Crot (GTA stop-off point) (16,90 km)
- Trek Calcante: Stage 4 Frazione Crot (GTA stop-off point) - Lago di Malciaussia (10,80 km)
Agriturismo Il Runch Frazione Tornetti, 10070 Viù www.ilrunch.biz. Cappella della Consolata. Rifugio Lungimala 10070 Ala Di Stura +39 339 7698059 www.lungimala.it. Open: all year round.
Source: CAI Lanzo
Itinerary code: TKC
Recommended period: From May (June if there is a lot of snow above 2000 m) to October.
Historical interest: Yes
Disabled facilities: No
Classification: Medium and low mountain provincial
Provinces crossed: Torino