Highlights and tour details
Departing from Colle della Cialmetta (1305 m) you go down on path no. 204 to the little village of Rangiroldo (1077 m), an ancient place of refuge for the partisan troops and a hamlet that was heavily hit during the Second World War. On stretches of alternating path and road, you continue to Monti di Mezzenile (1096 m) and then on path no. 204C making a wide semi-circle along the hillside. Crossing a series of brooks among broadleaf woods you reach the Sumiana Lakes (1192 m). From here, taking path no. 201, you descend once again through wooded slopes and crossing some brooks to reach the Cappella del Giardino (1059 m) where there is a forest track. Turning decisively north you firstly keep to the dirt road on path no. 206 and then continue descending slightly through the woods and through pretty hamlets until you reach the Chapel of the Consolata (1069 m) that is equipped for a rest and is from where you go down to the village of Mezzenile (645 m) and relative accommodation facilities. For those who prefer to remain immersed in the natural surroundings, it is possible to go up along path no. 205, which alternates between path and dirt road to Alpe Belvedere (1452 m), a possible stopover point in a private accommodation facility.
- Trek: Calcante (TC) (99,50 km)
- Trek Calcante: Stage 1 Lanzo T.se Ponte del Diavolo - Traves (14,00 km)
- Trek Calcante: Stage 2B Cappella della Consolata - Alpe Longimala (7,60 km)
- Trek Calcante: Stage 2C Alpe Longimala - Frazione Tornetti (18,60 km)
- Trek Calcante: Stage 2 Traves - Frazione Tornetti (18,40 km)
- Trek Calcante: Stage 2A Colle Cialmetta (Bivouac) - Chapel of the Consolata (12,70 km)
- Trek Calcante: Stage 3 Frazione Tornetti - Frazione Crot (GTA stop-off point) (16,90 km)
- Trek Calcante: Stage 4 Frazione Crot (GTA stop-off point) - Lago di Malciaussia (10,80 km)
Points of interest
The Chapel della Consolata, the Forges of Mezzenile and the Ecomuseum dei Chiodaioli (nail craftsmen), Castle Francesetti, the Neo-Gothic Chapel of S.Anna, the Ancient chapel of S. Bartolomeo in which there was the beautiful eighteenth century sindonic painting of the school of Claudio Francesco Beaumont, now in the Parich Church of San Martino.
Bivacco Colle Cialmetta Managed by: ANA di Viù (National Alpine Corps Association). Cappella della Consolata chapel. Alpe Belvedere Località alpe Belvedere, 10070 Mezzenile +39 349 5234996 email@example.com.
Source: CAI Lanzo
Itinerary code: TKC
Recommended period: From May (June if there is a lot of snow above 2000 m) to October.
Historical interest: Yes
Disabled facilities: No
Classification: Medium and low mountain provincial
Provinces crossed: Torino