Highlights and tour details
Departing from Ponte del Diavolo (Devil's Bridge at 477 m) and taking the Sentiero Natura no. 101 "Antica strada per Viù" you reach Pian Castagna (562 m) where there is an ancient press of the Old Local Community. After passing Colle Murali and the nearby Chapel di San Giovanni, you go down along a stretch of the hillside to the village of Colbeltramo. The same path continues to the hamlet of Castagnole (657 m) where there is an Ethnographic Museum. Then continue along the penstock of the Funghera power station to Case Carmie and take the descent that links to Ponte Barolo. After crossing the Stura di Viù, you arrive at the alpine pastures of Costa d'Aprile to reach the hamlet of Tisinelle (656 m) and then that of Tese (632 m) with the "Giardinia" botanical garden of Traves. Finally, you easily climb up to Colle Colmet (717 m) from where, with a slight descent, you shortly reach the centre of Traves (632 m) where you will find the stage stop-off point near the private accommodation facilities there.
- Trek: Calcante (TC) (99,50 km)
- Trek Calcante: Stage 1 Lanzo T.se Ponte del Diavolo - Traves (14,00 km)
- Trek Calcante: Stage 2B Cappella della Consolata - Alpe Longimala (7,60 km)
- Trek Calcante: Stage 2C Alpe Longimala - Frazione Tornetti (18,60 km)
- Trek Calcante: Stage 2 Traves - Frazione Tornetti (18,40 km)
- Trek Calcante: Stage 2A Colle Cialmetta (Bivouac) - Chapel of the Consolata (12,70 km)
- Trek Calcante: Stage 3 Frazione Tornetti - Frazione Crot (GTA stop-off point) (16,90 km)
- Trek Calcante: Stage 4 Frazione Crot (GTA stop-off point) - Lago di Malciaussia (10,80 km)
Points of interest
The Age-old press of the Ancient Local Community of Pian Castagna. The Ethnographic Museum of Castagnole, the "Giardinia" Botanic garden in Tese. The Museum "History of Mountaineering in the Lanzo Valleys" in Lanzo Torinese, the "Silmax" Museum of tools and machine-tools in Lanzo Torinese, the Mineralogical Museum in Lanzo Torinese.
Albergo Ristorante Lusiana Frazione Lusiana 5, 10070 Traves +39 0123 410009 - +39 345 4586791 firstname.lastname@example.org www.albergoristorantelusiana.it.
Source: CAI Lanzo
Itinerary code: TKC
Recommended period: From May (June if there is a lot of snow above 2000 m) to October.
Historical interest: Yes
Disabled facilities: No
Classification: Medium and low mountain provincial
Provinces crossed: Torino