Highlights and tour details
From the locality of Palà you go uphill taking path 105 through the grasslands towards the locality of Valanza (1750 m); from here the path descends gently towards Alpe Ivert (1465 m). For a more panoramic variation, follow the dirt road from Valanza that leaves path 110 on the left and goes through rocky pastures to reach Punta del Fin (1586 m) with a beautiful view of Val Pellice, and then descends to the Alpe Ivert. After about one km along the dirt road you come across path 161 on the right that arrives from Ciavot della Vedova - Bric; you continue on path 105 until the localty of Regardour (1324 m) to then take the path that arrives at Colle del Casulè (1310 m). Crossing a densely wooded area (S.I.C. di Pian Prà) you reach the locality of Pian Prà (1152 m) a wide and flat depression on the wooded ridge between Torre Pellice and Rorà. From here a short diversion along the dirt road eastwards leads to the panoramic viewpoint of Rocca Bera. From Pian Prà you leave path 105 to follow the 106 to the Badel Fountain and the Chiotin meadows (900 m); the path continues to the locality of Costa Lurens (700 m) and from here to the locality of Rocchetta. You cross the Albertenga bridge and reach the hamlet of S. Margherita and the centre of Torre Pellice.
The stretch from the locality of La Palà to that of Pian Prà can be covered with snowshoes during the winter season.
- Anello delle Valli Valdesi (AVV) - Val Pellice (119,00 km)
- Waldensian Valley Loop (AVV) Stage 1: Torre Pellice Town Hall - Alpe Vandalino (12,20 km)
- Anello delle Valli Valdesi (AVV) Stage 2: Alpe Vandalino - Colle Vaccera (15,80 km)
- Waldensian Valley Loop (AVV) Stage 3: Colle Vaccera - Alpe Caougis (15,30 km)
- Anello delle Valli Valdesi (AVV) Stage 4: Alpe Caougis - Bergerie Giulian (17,00 km)
- Anello delle Valli Valdesi (AVV) : Stage 5 Bergerie Giulian - Conca del Prà (13,60 km)
- Waldensian Valley Loop (AVV) Stage 6: Conca del Prà - Barbara Lowrie Refuge (12,60 km)
- Anello delle Valli Valdesi (AVV) Stage 7: Rifugio Barbara Lowrie - La Palà (19,40 km)
- Anello delle Valli Valdesi (AVV) Stage 8: La Palà - Municipio di Torre Pellice (13,10 km)
Points of interest
Punta del Fin, S.I.C. di Pian Prà, Rocca Bera
Agriturismo la Palà, Ristorante Koliba, Agriturismo Sibourgh, Agriturismo Costa Lurens, Hotel Centro
It is possible to reach La Palà and Pian Prà by car. To reach Torre Pellice, on the other hand, depart from Turin and continue to Pinerolo.
Source: Unione Montana del Pinerolese
Itinerary code: AVV
Phone coverage: 60% coverage of all operators.
Recommended period: It is advisable to travel the stage between spring and autumn
Access by public transport: Yes
Classification: Medium and low mountain provincial
Provinces crossed: Torino
Notes on public transport
From Turin, it is possible to take the bus from the station of Porta Nuova for PInerolo and then change for Torre Pellice, or take the train from the station of Porta Susa and take the bus from Pinerolo station. Having arrived at the station of Torre Pellice, follow the signs for the town hall