Points of interest
Briona - Castello: from a hilly rise the imposing fortress of the XV-XVI centuries which dominates the village below with its bulk size. The Chiesa di Sant'Alessandro, Cappella della Mora and Chiesa di Sant'Antonio conserve a notable series of frescoes
Fara - Chiesa di San Pietro and Paolo and Chiesa Parrocchiale dei Santi Fabiano e Sebastiano: The first, inside the cemetery, is characterized by precious 15th century frescoes. In the upper part of the apse there is a Christ Pantocràtor, while in the lower part a series of ten paintings appear representing scenes of fifteenth-century country life. The second, built at the end of the 16th century, underwent expansion works during the 17th century. It houses the ’scrurolo’ dedicated to San Damiano, designed by the architect Orelli towards the end of the eighteenth century.
Cavaglio d'Agogna - Parish church of San Mamante: Built in the first half of the eighteenth century on a site of a previous medieval religious building, the original nucleus retains only the three-level bell tower. Worthy of note is the painting Martirio di San Mamante, an art work by Peracino.
Barengo - Oratory of San Rocco - Oratory of Santa Maria di Campagna: Inside the Oratory of San Rocco are some beautiful religious frescoes dating back to the 15th century, probably by Cagnola. The Oratory of Santa Maria di Campagna rises within the cemetery, with the interior decorated with frescoes depicting the Four Evangelists. Castello: An imposing construction that dominates the town from the top of a hill, the castle is already mentioned in the middle of the fifteenth century. Near the fortress is the Parish Church of Santa Maria Assunta, built in 1404 at the behest of Tornielli.
Caltignaga - Località Morghengo Castello di Morghengo: Built on the ruins of an ancient castle destroyed by the Milanese in 1156, the castle has undergone many alterations to give it the appearance of a country residence. The complex is surrounded by a large and elegant park. . Chiesa di San Martino: preserves valuable frescoes including a Madonna del Latte from the 15th century